Advantages of LEDs for industrial lighting
Posted on 09-02-2019
Are you setting up an industrial unit very soon? You should be thinking of installing Industrial LED Lighting all over your unit or workshop. Now that more and more industries are being powered by LED lighting, it’s time you too considered setting up with the same.
Here are some factors to bear in mind when setting up your electricity. So, when thinking about LED for industrial lighting, keep these factors in mind:
1. Energy consumption: LEDs are more energy-efficient than conventional incandescent bulbs up to about 50%-90%, which translates into significant saving of money. Additionally, LED fixtures are not designed to use ballasts, which need about 15%-20% more electricity.
2. Highly robust: LEDs neither have filaments nor tubes, therefore are less liable to damage due to external shock.
3. Extended life: On average, LED lights have a lifespan of 50,000 hours, though some may last till 30,000 hours and others may go on for more than 100,000 hours, depending upon their use. When you use LED bulbs in your commercial establishment, it means low maintenance for you and equally low replacement costs, than traditional lighting.
4. Environmental benefits: With LED lights, there’s no mercury nor any chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs), so they last longer and do not produce as much waste and are made from completely recyclable materials.
5. Light up immediately: Traditional light bulbs take a few moments to be completely bright, but this is not the case with LEDs that light up immediately. In fact, an LED bulb comes to full brightness within a second or less.
6. Wide range of LED Light Fixtures: Manufacturers of LED lighting have such a vast range of Commercial LED Light Fixtures that you will be surprised to find one fixture for each of your applications. For instance, if you want to light up your indoor space like your office or warehouse, or outdoors such as your parking lot, you’ll have enough to choose from.
The range includes different types of fixture styles such as canopies, wall packs, retrofit kits, LED High Bay Lights, light bars, surface fixtures, etc.
7. Upgradation made easy: Manufacturers usually have a significant array of outdoor LED flood light fixtures to replace and upgrade lighting ranging from 15 watts to 500 watts. These days, LEDs are so versatile that you can get a vast selection with features such as a range of colour temperatures, brightness and beam patterns.
Since they are widely used, they are all the more energy-efficient and long-lasting. For the same reasons, they are ideal for use in commercial buildings, such as offices, factories, apart from outdoor spaces.